Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Beast Of Beasts

Hello to all.  I have been racing bikes for approximately 15 yrs.  God, it seems an eternity.  Some would call me an elite level, competitive cyclist (Category 2).  Funny; after hearing that term being tossed around over the years, my prowess seems to have withered a bit.  I'm 40 now and still training as if I were in my 20's.  Any number of excuses could be made for my inevitable decline; the "natural evolution of the aged cyclist", a loss of testostorone, those little "life things" that one has to attend to.  I still push forward, however carthatic, painful, and quite pleasing it tends to be.  Here's a bit of that to share. 

















This was a wonderful, albeit painful day of climbing to include the attached Bent Mt. picture (front side).  One of the few climbs I did that day in the Roanoke Valley area.  I've also included a Google map of the route.  I hope you all find it interesting.  I certainly did.  

Leigh

No comments: