Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleep, sleep...what importance it brings...

This came to mind, given I'm in the last week of a phase of periodic training before my rest week.  It never seems to fail.  During those last few days, when one's body is over worked and on the brink, it's normal functions seem to waiver and test fortitude.  A bitter sweet process. 


Sleep is the one that goes first for me.  I tossed and turned last night, reminding myself of the rest week to come...and the strength that it will bring moving forward.  Life's simple little gifts. 


And this to share from a dear loved one (thank you John):

"Innocent sleep. Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast."........


Macbeth: Act II, Scene II
Shakespeare
 
"Chief nourisher", I'll look forward to your visit this evening. 

Illustration credited to The Kona Life Blog

No comments: